Intensive Training Week 2018
Director of ITW: Johnny King
ITW Student Contact: Contact Karen Arlt [email protected] for all ITW inquiries.
May 31 – June 7, 2018 | Andrew Bentley, Director
June 18 – 22, 2018 | Jesse Galindo, Director
This ITW is exclusively for students enrolled in the Spanish courses at WU. Please contact [email protected] for Spanish ITW details.
A: June 23 – 30, 2018 | Jerry Rowley, Director
B: June 30 – July 7, 2018 | Caleb Adams, Director
August 20 – 27, 2018 | Johnny King, Director
October 23 – 28, 2018 | Kevin Bradford, Director
PI students may participate in the Graduation Ceremony at Summit, but will not receive patches and certificates until ITW is completed.
5 STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
To attend an ITW there is a 5 Step Process. Please follow the instructions below for each step.
If you do not meet all requirements for forms, documents, and payments by the announced deadlines you will forfeit your placement slot to the next person on the waiting list.
Students must pass all four Hope Corps courses with at least a 60% in each course. Should a student achieve a final grade in any course including the last course, Course #4, that is less than 60%, he or she will not be able to attend an ITW until it is completed successfully.
1 ITW Process Step 1 — ITW Placement Application Form
Submitting this application does NOT guarantee your first ITW choice nor does it guarantee approval. This application is for our internal placement process. Once we complete our placement process, we will email you with your tentative ITW designation.
For Alumni: The selection process for alumni applicants is NOT on a first come first served basis. Each application will be reviewed by ITW Directors and only selected alumni will be given the opportunity to serve at designated ITWs. We are looking for dedicated, qualified, passionate servant leaders. Thank you for your interest in serving with Hope Corps!
Students: You must be over 18 years old at the start of ITW you are attending.
2 ITW Process Step 2 — ITW Application
Following your tentative ITW placement from Hope Corps, please complete the following steps prior to filling out the Final ITW Application Form below. The deposit and files are required fields for submission of the application.
- $50 USD Non-Refundable Deposit:This deposit will be applied to your escrow. The confirmation number of this payment is required in your application. This confirmation number is sent to you by e-mail when you pay your deposit. Click on the ITW DEPOSIT PAYMENT button and follow the payment instructions. CLICK HERE TO READ REFUND POLICY
- Pastor’s ITW Approval: A PDF or JPG of the signed Pastor’s Approval Form for ITW applicant. Click on this link to download the PDF and print off for your pastor to sign. After he has signed take a photo of it or scan it to upload on the application.
- Uniform Guidelines: UNIFORM GUIDELINES You must check that you have read the guidelines and agree to abide by them.
- Background Check: Use this BACKGROUND CHECK LINK to apply for a background check. This link takes you to the place where you can apply for a background check that is automatically sent to Hope Corps. You must use this link for your background check. We cannot accept any other background checks. Please use your own email address to apply. If you reside in the U.S. and do not have a social security number, please use 111-11-1111. This link will not work for Canadians. Canadians must upload a police issued background check with their application.
- Passport: For international travel, your passport number, expiry date, and a PDF or JPG of the picture page of your passport are required. The expiry date must be 6 months PAST the last date of your ITW. For international air travel, US passport books are required. Passport cards are not valid for international air travel; they are only acceptable for land and sea border crossings between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- Witness: Someone to witness you electronically signing and then applying their electronic signature to the form before you submit.
Note: THIS FORM CAN BE SAVED AND RESUMED IF YOU DISCOVER YOU NEED TO OBTAIN INFORMATION OR FILES AFTER STARTING IT. When you choose to save and continue later, it will give you a link you can copy to paste into web browser later and it also gives you the option to have the link sent to your email. You must enter an email into the white box to the right hand side of the “send email” button. It will not read the email in your application automatically.
3 ITW Process Step 3 — Escrow Non-Refundable Payment
The balance of your escrow is due 2 months prior to your ITW. A $25 fee will be assessed for late escrow payments.
Escrow Balance & Deadlines:
Manhattan $405: March 31, 2018
Memphis $130: April 18, 2018
Roatan A $405: April 23, 2018
Roatan B $405: April 30, 2018
Norway $675: June 20, 2018 NORTH AMERICANS
Philippines $405: August 23, 2018
Escrow covers class materials, lodging, food, medical travel insurance, ITW badge, certificate fees, and other group expenses.
Memphis excludes lodging. Roatan includes ground transportation. Norway, Manhattan, and Philippines must obtain their own transportation to/from the airport to Hope Corps Center or given meeting place.
Payment through inFellowship Online Account only. No other form of payment accepted. Escrow fees are not tax deductible since services are rendered.
PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
ITW Philippines students and alumni may choose to stay over for PEAK PI. Contact Evette [email protected] for information and prices.
4 ITW Process Step 4 — Online Submission of Travel Itinerary
Travel Itinerary – At least 1 month prior to your ITW please fill in and submit this online form with your travel itinerary. For Roatan and Norway bound students, we need this information to arrange airport transportation for you upon your arrival and for your departure.
5 ITW Process Step 5 — Hope Corps Shirt Order
Deadline: to be ordered at least 1 month prior to ITW; We recommend ordering earlier than a month to make sure you get your shirts in time. It is your responsibility to have your shirts in time for ITW.
Dress Code: The official Hope Corps uniform for ITW is HC BLUE shirts with BLACK bottoms. Please follow and respect the ITW Uniform Guidelines. You must read this guideline and agree to abide by it during the ITW. You will be asked to confirm you have read it and agree on the application.
Hope Corps has set up an online e-store for administering shirt orders all year round. Please read instructions below carefully before purchasing your shirts:
- Each Hope Corps student must have at least TWO (2) Hope Corps shirts for ITW.
- Shirts are approximately $60 USD each for US students and approximately $75 USD each for Canadian students (shirt, logo, shipping, duty and taxes included).
- Shirts are fine cotton, elegantly tailored and no ironing required. Please following the sizing chart found on the e-store product page.
- Group your orders with other students from your local church to save on shipping costs.
- You will be required to wear your HC shirt in transit from your hometown to the ITW location.
- Please click here for detailed order instructions for the e-stores. IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS TO ENSURE YOU GET THE LOGO ON THE SHIRT!
For ITW, order the ITW MANDATORY SHIRT (No Iron Pinpoint Shirt). This is the official uniform shirt for ITW.
For casual / work day dress, you may order the Optional Work Day Shirt (Mesh Polo). This is optional. When ordering Polos the HC logo is automatically added. Your city and state can be added for an additional charge of $6.00 US per shirt. You will click Add Monogram and fill in your city name all on one line. Please use this format for adding city: CITY NAME STATE ABBREVIATION For example: MEMPHIS TNE-store for US and Canadian Orders
ITW Budget (in USD):
The following list gives you a general breakdown of what you will need to budget for:
- Escrow Fee for room, food and travel insurance – $180.00 USD – Memphis | $455.00 USD – Manhattan, Roatan, PI | $725.00 USD – Norway
- Blue Shirts (x2) – approx. $120
- Flights – approx. $800 to $1200 (depending on the ITW location and where you’re flying from)
- Spending money – approx. $100 (Manhattan Students: You will need to bring an additional $50 USD for entrance fees and transportation costs for off-site sessions)
- Passport Application – approx. $150 (If you don’t already have one, please apply ASAP! For US Citizens, passports are not needed for Manhattan or Memphis. US passports can take up to 6 weeks for processing.)
Sponsored by Mothers on Mission in conjunction with Youth and Global Missions
ITW Packing Video
NOTE: This was made for ITW Italy, that is why there are scarves, sweaters and boots, etc. The students were also allowed to dress out of uniform for travel because of the length of the flight. For Roatan and Manhattan students are to wear their uniforms when they travel.